So Joe and I ran the Freedom Run on July 4th in Provo, UT. My sisters Sharon and Laura and our friend Jen also ran it. We all are looking so lovely. Joe and I felt really good about our finish times. My personal badge of honor is that I beat my 2 marathon running sisters across the finish line. YEAH for ME!!!! OK now truth be told ... Joe and I ran the 5K and they ran the 10K so really there is nothing to shout about except that when I have run with my sisters before they are usually waiting and waiting and waiting for me to finish.
This was Joe's first experience running a race. The 5K and 10K routes were similar but the 10K route weaved in and out of some extra blocks to make it long enough. Joe tells the story best about this one guy that kept passing him during the race. Joe was running along and noticed this macho running guy pass him and then turned the corner to do the extra 10K route and then a few minutes later he passes Joe again. I think this happened 3 times and in Joe's words, "I wanted to trip the guy."
3 comments:
glad you guys had fun. I had a good time. What the next one we are going to run?
Yeah for you!!!! I wanted to run, but alas, Mike was working! You didn't need to spill the beans that your sisters were running the 10k.
Yeah for races! I love that story about JOE!
Post a Comment